.

 Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 2 as a hunter


mRushed to work and heng i wasnt late... i ta bao a puff from coffee bean and cheong upstairs.. and i realise that im the first in the office... jus as i thought i can IDO...my boss came in.. haha.. ask me to the room and teach me how to specify the type of sales pple my client requires.. so as to
1. understand what kinda candidate i shud be looking at
2. knowing the position held in the coy
3. helping the candidates to understand more so that they wont choose the wrong job

now then i realise how much i can learn from this job.. the knowledge that every working person is hoping to know.. esp those job seekers... from 2 days of exp... i only can say...
1. do a neat resume
2. sell urself in the resume
3. attract me when ur resume (not with ur pic)
4. tell me what u have done in ur career

im loving the job.. i yearn to go work everyday so that i can quickly pick up all the things i gotta learn and be a real profession head hunter... i envy my seniors.. they seem to have all the knowledge at their finger tips... they schedule candidates, look for positions, seek opportunities.. and reaping what they sow for the past few years... now, their biz rolls in naturally..

but i tell myself, as a hunter, i want to open new accounts constantly and generate sales from both sides and retaining customers.. and this is what i always wanted to do... retaining my clients and make them a auto sale for myself...

im very happy i got this job.. am thankful that my ceo didnt look down on me because of my qualifications and accepted me... my colleagues are working for a long long time with my ceo.. most of them worked with him for a decade. that goes to show that his a good boss...

im having lunch alone everyday for an hour.. this is the only part im not used to... :(

but overall.. its more positive than negative la... im slowly getting used to the coy... and im sure.. one day, the office will be damn noisy because of me.. hahhahahaha.. i cannot dun talk.. i will die... im a sales person... if i dun talk.. i might as well die... and its been like that for 2 days... my colleagues dun talk internally too..!! all of them jus do their work..

dun start imagining that my office is like other recruitment agencies... there aint visitors or 10 chairs with job seekers waiting for their turn to be interviewed.. nope. thats not the case... pple who walk in for the interview are all professionally dressed, and when u see them, u know they are potential and good candidates...

because my seniors are all old birds in this industry.. add up the handful of colleagues... they have a total of 61 years of experience... imagine how much i can learn from them.. and they are not selfish! :)

now, i jus have to self study.. go borders, library over the weekends to borrow HRM books... know abt what kinda pple i shud be seeing, what is the hot catch in the mkt... learn learn learn

im loving the job.. and for the first time.. i dun go office because i wanna have fun with my colleagues... despite the boring lunch and the solo smoke breaks... im finally gg to work because i love my JOB! and i wanna succeed and be someone in this industry.

i know i got a lot of work to do to be that "someone"... but i will go all out to achieve that... learn learn learn... i tell myself.. everyday i go to work, i have to be a sponge... soon, i will learn to apply what i understand.. improve and excel.

Pray hard that i do well, pray hard that there will be 2 lines the next time.

kekekekeke...

i wanna be a fortunate person...

Dino Visits

My Webby HangOuts

-=-Fang-=-

-=-Alvin-=-

Blog Archive

 

♥ Dino's Little Story ♥ Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates