.

 Birthday tickers

Monday, February 4, 2008

Wat a Service For A Reputable Restaurant


Call me a bitch, i dont give a damn...

Went with my in laws for reunion dinner at Harbour City Restaurant at my office building... I was all happy for my wedding was at one of the "branch" and it served GOOD food... so i had high expectations in this dinner...

Well, when i was served the first dish - lao yu sheng.. everything was pretty ok... then... the sharks fin... while i took my first mouthful of the soup and chatting with my bro in law... i tasted some "fishy" thing in my mouth.. and pple who knows me well (im sure fang does..) ===>> LOOK FOR THE MANAGER

I told the lady that the sharks fin was "xing" (fishy) and she replied in an "are u sure" tone.. the usual reply to her was - "do u wanna give it a try??" So immediately she went to the kitchen and came back...

Lady: The kitchen will serve you a new bowl
Me: huh? how u expect me to eat them?
Lady: Oh, but my kitchen will get you a new one, sorry about that
Me: No, i dont wanna eat another bowl, you see what u can do about it...
Lady: ok
(Returns to my table)
Lady: We will give you a 20% disc on your bill

Oh well, i dont mind that deal since the dinner will cost me $500!! (for a 6 pax serving).. So we continued our dinner even thou the way they served their food was as thou they were rushing home for their own reunion dinner.. I reckon its a joyous occasion & i shant be fussy...

GUESS WHAT? 38 mins and we are done with our dishes leaving our desert.. **claps**

Then comes the bill, asking Alvin to get the bill, i reckon he would be blur even thou i reminded him that using UOB have another 20% disc.. i walked over to the counter... Here it goes...

Me: (looking at the bill) Oh, i think i should be given another 20% on top of the 20% uob disc
Cashier: (firmly) Ya, this is the 20% disc
Me: No, this 20% is given for the sharks fin what... how about the uob one?
(Manager walks over)
Manager: Er, ya.. give them the 20% (tellin the cashier)
Me: Including the uob disc right?
Manager: Oh no.. 20% is the disc we can give only
Me: Look, uob is uob, sharks fin is sharks fin.. Its 2 seperate issue. You told me that use uob can get the disc over the phone
Manger: That was for the deposit then got 20%
Me: No, deposit promotion is when you pay $50 dep upfront then when you dine, you get 20%, otherwise, if you use uob to settle the bill, you also get 20% what..
Manger: (silent for 10 sec) ok, but i can only give you 30% then

!!!!!! What nonsense?? But honestly, i dun wanna push further and make a scene la... Cause in my mind... $500 x 30% = $150 off.. So i accepted the offer lor.. But, fang should know.. i will still be boiling like crazy.. ON TOP OF THAT~! Me & my bro in law LS after the meal.. gosh.. i wonder if they spit saliva or use their toe to stir my food or not...

I reckon this is my first and only time gonna eat reunion dinner outside.. Home food is still the best... Haha... i keep telling myself that im not kuai lan.. not at all.. but when i think back on some occasions.. like getting refunds and disc... asking managers to eat their food and staring at retail exec waiting for a good reply seems to be my forte...

I think i should be more nice

Dino Visits

My Webby HangOuts

-=-Fang-=-

-=-Alvin-=-

Blog Archive

 

♥ Dino's Little Story ♥ Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates